National Guard Comments, Complaints, and Criticisms

Nebulae
sorry for how this turned out

this was meant to be a 'hard' one where NG threw everything they had in the pot, but i failed to make that clear ahead of time and i wish that i somehow did

it seemed reasonable to me that two tanks was ok when facing against a t34, a buggy, an AT4 and later a guy who i authed to nade one of the tanks through the hatch even though we had no such precedent for those before. that seemed to hold up considering both of them died in the end

the mortars came out in response to some rebels being allowed to run up to inaccessible rooftops/with ladders that werent in place before, i didnt see this ahead of time (and shouldve had it moderated) and those spots themselves proved way too useful (as far as i am aware we've had a precedent that if you cant get somewhere without admin assistance, youre not allowed to use it in s2k), so after @Ron 's mortar values proved ineffective and got ignored numerous times i shot some with higher dmg values and went overboard

the numbers disparity (as there always is, and regular NG kit can only make up for it so much) made it seem justifiable to add a second wave, but i should not have authed a third

WstStranger

Proton
Nebulae
rebels win (totally) gg ez u sux

So, we got bombarded so much I started to think the entire building would crumble (could have been cool, or make it a consequence to the NG to the building due to the spam, like no loot, probably?).

While I believe Mortars weren't intended to be used with that high effectiveness, I literally see no counter to it if there are no limits, especially if being one shot is guaranteed (Which isn't really isn't fun at all).

About the tanks, having only one rocket per days is also not exactly fun unless you really try another way (so I cannot complain too much about that).

I don't mind too much a second wave in the logic that they want to finish us up, a wrap up. But as many said already, you have gone quite overboard in a few factors including a damn third wave. It really looked like a battle intended for us to lose miserably, not on a close call.

Anyway, I died thanks to my awful internet, but I accepted that at this point, so I have nothing to say about the infantry itself (I'll miss MP7 :( ).

For now, I'll take the L. Next time make more tense fights, it is more fun in my opinion.

Last edited:

Sassyy

String
Nebulae
sorry for how this turned out

this was meant to be a 'hard' one where NG threw everything they had in the pot, but i failed to make that clear ahead of time and i wish that i somehow did

it seemed reasonable to me that two tanks was ok when facing against a t34, a buggy, an AT4 and later a guy who i authed to nade one of the tanks through the hatch even though we had no such precedent for those before. that seemed to hold up considering both of them died in the end

the mortars came out in response to some rebels being allowed to run up to inaccessible rooftops/with ladders that werent in place before, i didnt see this ahead of time (and shouldve had it moderated) and those spots themselves proved way too useful (as far as i am aware we've had a precedent that if you cant get somewhere without admin assistance, youre not allowed to use it in s2k), so after @Ron 's mortar values proved ineffective and got ignored numerous times i shot some with higher dmg values and went overboard

the numbers disparity (as there always is, and regular NG kit can only make up for it so much) made it seem justifiable to add a second wave, but i should not have authed a third
Shalom,

The "inaccessible rooftop" is not inaccessible at all, there is a ladder right under it that you can get onto without being boosted at all. The mortars were really effective, they kept us down and let the Guard push each time. Harland even tried to run after we got hit by the mortars the first time but he got sprayed down so that's why we decided it was best to take our chances on the roof. Was a cool event other than the stupidly accurate 1 tap mortars.

Reactions: List
Nebulae
Shalom,

The "inaccessible rooftop" is not inaccessible at all, there is a ladder right under it that you can get onto without being boosted at all. The mortars were really effective, they kept us down and let the Guard push each time. Harland even tried to run after we got hit by the mortars the first time but he got sprayed down so that's why we decided it was best to take our chances on the roof. Was a cool event other than the stupidly accurate 1 tap mortars.

that's my bad then, though from observer pov it really didn't seem like the mortars' impact was felt considering you held your position the entire time and did not have an incentive to leave it entirely. the high dmg ones only came after it seemed like you were undamaged from the initial barrages and could ignore almost all of them (which was anecdotal on my part, i only checked a few rebels' hp values on the rooftop)

either way the consequences of this raid will be minimal

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
Shalom,

rob

Nebulae
either way CJ won't be PKed as a result of this, merely incarcerated. i was originally going to have him PKed if rebels failed their first PD raid attempt but i think it's fair to keep him alive considering the bullshit factor of the raid that had him caught in the first place
I still think my original idea of CJ having a rap battle with the NG is better than a PK

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
problem has just consistently been unpreparedness for things that could happen
To be entirely fair for a moment, balance is really hard to get right when it comes to engagements, especially when the side doing the relative outnumbering doesn't have any sort of standardized gear and you have to simulate the other as having military resources and stockpiles.

You think something is gonna be fine then it hits the server and suddenly you've just fucked things up.

I still remember the fucking shitstorm during the C8 days where a staff member accidentally launched a headcrab cannister without damage turned off due to the chaos that killed a large chunk of the rebel defenders and it spilled into a whole complaint over assumed bias.

Anti-tankspy

Nucleus
Nebulae
for the record I said roofs around shield would be stupid unfair and should be left alone but I was ignored by a certain individual who went for it anyway

just wanted to make that clear

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
nope that ladder isnt accessible by default that was added with the ladder tool
STOP DEVALUING MY ARGUMENT WITH LIES!!!

that type of ladder isn't even in the ladder tool

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
STOP DEVALUING MY ARGUMENT WITH LIES!!!

that type of ladder isn't even in the ladder tool
im sure this was an intended, accessible map location Media Developer Premium Member™ ovxy
FgNpZoa.jpeg

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
im sure this was an intended, accessible map location Media Developer Premium Member™ ovxy
FgNpZoa.jpeg
maybe it wasnt intended to be accessible, but it is accessible via map geometry

ur acting like this is the only gmod map that has easily accessible out-of-bounds areas lmao

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Also let's be entirely honest for a moment: the NG weren't going to push the ladder, climb up, leap onto a railing and make the jump all while being shot at by a rooftop full of rebels.

It wasn't technically inaccessible but it certainly was in the process of the actual firefight.

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
maybe it wasnt intended to be accessible, but it is accessible via map geometry

ur acting like this is the only gmod map that has easily accessible out-of-bounds areas lmao
go on singleplayer right now and try that ladder retard, its not there
it wasnt there yesterday either, why? because someone added it with the ladder toolgun and made it invisible
get a staff member to use the remover tool on it right now and see if im chatting shit

actual bozo

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
go on singleplayer right now and try that ladder retard
it wasnt there yesterday, why? because someone added it with the ladder toolgun and made it invisible
get a staff member to use the remover tool on it
ok how am i supposed to know that someone made it invisible, its not like I can see an invisible ladder maybe give me your invisible glasses
on first glance it appears to be a normal ladder, and there are a few fire escapes that you can access so I assumed it was one of them
and I don't go to shield everyday to check on their ladder

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
ok how am i supposed to know that someone made it invisible, its not like I can see an invisible ladder maybe give me your invisible glasses
on first glance it appears to be a normal ladder, and there are a few fire escapes that you can access so I assumed it was one of them
and I don't go to shield everyday to check on their ladder
use the c menu?? it was added by staff the day of the raid, admin action was used to help the rebel side get to an inaccessible area and people are whinging when they got mortared off it. lot of baby wah wah crying in this ccc

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
use the c menu?? it was added by staff the day of the raid, admin action was used to help the rebel side get to an inaccessible area and people are whinging when they got mortared off it
ah yeah cuz using the c menu is the first thing I think of when I see a ladder